Youth at New Horizons
Our Youth are involved in many aspects of church life:
- On Sunday mornings they worship with the congregation; some serve as liturgists.
- Midway through worship, on most Sundays, they leave worship to attend a class geared to their interests and needs. Most studies begin with the Bible and move to ways God’s Word can be implemented in our daily living.
- Our young people often take leadership in worship, especially in sharing their musical talents: some sing, some ring handbells, some play instruments, some participate in readings or skits that relate to the theme for the day.
- Twice a month, following worship and Sunday school, youth gather for lunch and for a variety of fellowship activities.
- Frequently, throughout the year, young people participate in mission activities and fundraisers for church and other charitable organizations. They, annually, have a work day at Mound Ridge Camp, go to Sedalia for the Festival of Giving, and participate in the Jerry Lewis Labor Day MDA Telethon.